Balancing Skin Brightening and Sun Protection for Radiant Skin Care
Prepared By Nutritionist Jade
Sun exposure is one of the culprits that accelerates ageing process. The harmful UV rays increase oxidative stress in our body which damage our skin cells and lead to the development of dark spots and uneven skin tone, known as hyperpigmentation. Sun protection is essential regardless of the weather as UV rays can penetrate clouds, meaning you can get sunburned even on cloudy days.
Physical precautions such as wearing appropriate clothing and the use of sunscreens are the main methods of sun protection used widely. But phytochemical and natural botanical extracts in the form of supplementations are demonstrating a strong potential as assistants to sunscreen protection. Moreover, if you already have hyperpigmentation, you may want to look for something with both benefits of sun protection and skin brightening.
Holistic Way Premium Gold Diamond White Collagen is a comprehensive All-in-One beauty aid formula that can help support:
- brightening of skin
- lightening of dark spots
- sun protection
- skin hydration
This unique formula comprises of below premium ingredients:
- PhytoflORAL®, a patented ingredient derived from non-GMO tomatoes. It is rich in colourless carotenoids such as Phytoene and Phytofluene, which are also antioxidants that prevent the formation of free radicals and protect the skin from premature ageing caused by sun exposure, and thereby achieving skin lightening effect.
A clinical study was conducted with 22 female subjects from 20 to 40 years of age who took oral PhytoflORAL oral supplements for 12 weeks and resulted in significant skin lightening effect and improved sun protection.
- Glutathione, an antioxidant that converts eumelanin or brown pigment to pheomelanin or pink pigment so our skin becomes rosy, supple, and younger-looking.
- L-cysteine is an amino acid which boosts the liver’s production of Glutathione. It is also one of the few amino acids that contains sulphur, which binds with protein to form collagen, an anti-ageing building block for healthy, youthful skin.
- Hydrolyzed Marine Collagen provides structure and support to our skin and connective tissues so that our skin maintains its ability to stretch structurally without remaining slack. This firmness, or plumpness, contributes to the visible reduction of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Polypodium leucotomos is a type of topical fern which helps support body’s natural response towards UV exposure and provide essential sun protection.
- Nicotinamide Mononucleotide (NMN), a cellular energy precursor and various antioxidants that may assist in energy metabolism and overall skin health.
This comprehensive all-in-one premium formula is suitable for both men and women to support skin integrity from within and achieve radiant, smooth, and even-toned skin.
von Oppen-Bezalel, L., Fishbein, D., Havas, F., Ben-Chitrit, O., & Khaiat, A. J. G. D. (2015). The photoprotective effects of a food supplement tomato powder rich in phytoene and phytofluene, the colorless carotenoids, a preliminary study. Glob. Dermatol, 2, 178-182.
Weschawalit, S., Thongthip, S., Phutrakool, P., & Asawanonda, P. (2017). Glutathione and its antiaging and antimelanogenic effects. Clinical, cosmetic and investigational dermatology, 147-153.
El‐Haj, N., & Goldstein, N. (2015). Sun protection in a pill: the photoprotective properties of P olypodium leucotomos extract. International Journal of Dermatology, 54(3), 362-366.